Friday, October 27, 2006

One degree of separation

My bro-in-laws band [downhere] won 3 awards tonight! Covenant awards: Rock Song of the year [The More], Rock Album of the year [Wide eyed and mystified], & Recorded Song of the year[A Better Way]

My uncle taught today on Worship. He's the CO of Spring Valley corps [NY] with die hard soldiers Majors Janet and Richard Munn & Lt-Col Howard Burr. He taught us on the Worship experience and theology based on Liturgical [not the dry stuff but process of corporate worship] following: Gather, Word, Eucharist [not communion but sharing in Christ] and Sending Forth. In the second bit he shared with us the inductive method of evangelising in sharing our stories and how they intersect with HIStory. He taught that corporate worship is where we celebrate God's story [Jesus: preincarnate, incarnation, life, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension and glorification] and invite others to join that with us.

Aaron is off to preach at ACC. Stephen is there too. Sometimes I'm amazed by what people who are my friends are doing. The devil is quick to remind me that I'm not as talented, good-looking or important than these smart doctorate types, rock stars, international networkers, parliament speakers, huge corps leaders, intense intercessors. The Holy Spirit reminds me I'm blessed to have great friends in this community and abroad. If you are in high school here is my advice: Be nice to your friends... they're special and will go on to prove it one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home