Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Spiritual Leadership

I am humbled by the great students that make Vancouver their home for at least one year. It is a process I go through that shows me I am completely lacking in areas. I've been reading more Brengle and came across the chapter 'Spiritual Leadership.' I was struck at my lack in certain areas:

Spiritual leadership is not won nor established by promotion, but by many prayers, tears and confessions of sin and heart-searchings and humblings before God, and self-surrender and a courageous sacrifice of every idol and a bold and deathless, and uncompromising and uncomplaining embrace of the Cross and an eternal, unfaltering looking unto Jesus crucified. It is not gained by seeking great things for ourselves [Jer45.5], but rather, like Paul, by counting those things that were gain, loss for Christ. Hear him: "What things were gain to me those I counted loss for Christ. Yea, doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung that I may win Christ. [Phil3.7,8]

That's what I'm aiming to attain. I want these students to have a better leader than last year. May God grant me the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord and the suffering that comes with it.

JE

1 Comments:

At 11/08/2006 4:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome word,
I pray that you will continue to grow in your relationship with Christ and spiritual leadership, and lead the war college students closer to Christ themselves.
May God fully use you to speak into the lives of those around you.

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home