Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Megan Smith's Testimony [Toronto, Canada]


By the grace of God, I have been transformed...praise the Lord!! I came to The War College not knowing much about it but knowing that LORD God called me to be here, and I'm really glad that He did. It was a struggle at times coming here, but I am glad I surrendered and gave up my will for His. At the War College I have learned better how to study His Word, I have discovered the joy and neccessity of Christian community, I have become PASSIONATE about discipleship and holiness, I have been confirmed and encouraged in my life's calling, I have found freedom from past hurt and sin, but most importantly I have been fallen in love! Yes, it's true, I fell in love at The War College - with the residents of the downtown eastside, with the Bride of Christ, with my lost brothers and sisters who God wants to be His bride, and with the Lord Himself! The most lifechanging aspect of this year has been the incredible love I've experienced, from God and His people. It is a love that fills, overflows, and changes hearts! The most heartbreaking thing I've discovered this year is that some people do not know how to recieve or give love because they have never experienced any! How tragic! It was a very painful year, surrounded by hopelessness, pain and spiritual warfare, but I've learned that it is in those places that God draws nearer to us. There are no words to express how thankful I am that The War College was raised up and that God called ME of all people to be here. "Amazing love! how can it be that Thou, my God, shoulds't die for me?" Praise the Lord.

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2008 4:43 a.m., Blogger lux said...

awesome... thanks for sharing your testimony on here, it great to read how you have grown...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home