Friday, January 12, 2007

Sorry Billy

My wife's cousins are half Japanese.... They really know how to ham up a picture [they do it knowingly!]. My brother can't take a normal picture. My mom always had to chose the picture that was somewhat decent. Usually some sort of smirk on his face but not a full blown smile.

I like what William Booth did in this portrait. No smile, no peace sign, no smirk. This is the picture on my cellphone. I see it nearly a hundred times a day. I look at William and say "Sorry Billy"

I'm sorry for not always living up to his vision. I'm sorry for the state of things. He had some lofty visions and ideas of what The Salvation Army could become after his promotion. Unfortunately, we haven't become what he envisioned. We've cooled off and slowed down. World conquest looks like a thing of the past, and it's my fault. When I see his face looking at me while I check the time or get a text message it makes me think... What am I doing for the mission of The Army? This sorry expression picks me up, and makes me say, "Press on brother... There is a world to save!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home