Monday, December 11, 2006

Testimony 10 - Lisa Stewart [Vancouver, BC]


From the first day i was in Canada, i knew this is where God wanted me to be. Currently, there is no other place i would rather be than at the War College. It's not easy being here, constantly walking down the street and having to see so many people on the street just wasting all the talent they have is heartbreaking.

One thing that God has really helped me to overcome is fear. Fear of walking down the street by myself, fear of the people on the street and fear of not standing up for what is right when i see an injustice. He has placed me in situations where I have had to stand up even when it won't go over well with others. I have also grown in my understanding of who Jesus is and how he applies to my life. I have grown to love the people around me, even if they don't love me back.... The lessons i have learnt are endless. And i wouldn't have learnt any of this if i wasn't at the war college. It's definatly an uncomfortable place to be most of the time, but life wasn't meant to be comfortable.

The Lord has been so good to me here and so encouraging. He has been encouraging me in who I am in Christ. he has been reaffirming that I am a daughter of the King and i am dearly loved. Also to trust the people in my community and know that they are supportive and they are going to love you, no matter what happens. War College isn't easy and it's definatly not a walk in the park, but it is well worth it!

1 Comments:

At 12/15/2006 3:31 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Well done Lisa. Tiny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home