Thursday, December 14, 2006

Testimony 11 - Xander Coleman BPM Candidate [Burnaby, BC]


The Lord has really taught me more about perseverance this year. Life is hard. Ministry is hard. There have been times when the warfare is just too much and I have wanted to quit or do something else, but the Lord said ‘persevere’ and has since brought breakthrough in those situations. He’s shown me the fruit of my perseverance in the lives of the people I minister to!

I can’t even begin to list the parts of me that God has changed since September 2004! It has been an intense time of refining, growth, revelation and drawing closer to God.

One of the most significant areas of growth has been my revelation of grace. I would always find it hard to forgive myself and others when things went wrong, which lead to a lot of discord between my friends and me. The God showed me His grace, and for the first time in my life I really got it – I really understood the free gift of mercy from God. Once that happened it wasn’t long before I was able to extend the grace I had received to others and to myself.

I have also certainly grown in discipline, especially with regard to daily devotional times. Forming disciplined habits has been one of the greatest joys of War College for me. It truly is a blessing!

The Lord continues to affirm me in leadership. I firmly believe that God affirms before He calls (see Judges 6) a person. Often, like Gideon, I don’t really believe the words of affirmation that God speaks over me and I protest with expressions of unworthiness. But who am I to say that I am unworthy if the Lord has made me worthy? So I’m starting to believe Him at His word, and to walk in the callings He has placed in my life. Life is an adventure when we live it with Jesus!

1 Comments:

At 12/18/2006 6:17 p.m., Blogger Artemis said...

So scruffy...and so bald! CRAZY AUSSIES ATTACK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home