Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Robbie Alberts' Testimony [Dauphin, MB]


Going through the War College was the greatest challenge that I've been through in my entire life. God has challenged me in every aspect of my life, from purity to emotional stability, along with lies that were built up over the years. I've learned to denounce these lies and giving everything up to the Lord. God turned my heart from a heart of rock to a heart of flesh.

Being in the War College meant giving up on all pride, insecurities, passions (that were not mine), hatred, guilt, condemnation, and past related issues. It also meant having a desire for the Lord that I never thought I could. Knowing that the Lord lives inside of us is a great comfort to have. To know that God has imparted His Spirit into me and from the very beginning He created me to be his child and servant. He does care and he is a jealous God.

I learned that being bold and vulnerable were good things. Boldness helps me confront people better. Through vulnerability and confession I was able to receive healing from issues, and having a false sense of love for people. I received freedom from sins that were so easily entangled to me.

Community has a big role this year because through community I’m able to be open with things that are happening in my life, build relationships with God and making new friendships. This also meant spending time with my session on a number of occasions. I believe that these times united us together as brothers and sisters. These relationships will never be let go of because the Lord has united us together. So I would encourage the next session to spend as much time with your session mates and really get to know them. Show an unconditional love that the Father shows us. Let us not bicker but live in harmony with one another.

Remember the greatest commandment. 37And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the great and first commandment. 39And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

1 Comments:

At 8/24/2008 4:10 a.m., Blogger Victory of the People said...

this was one of the greatest things i have read

 

Post a Comment

<< Home