Tuesday, November 14, 2006

From Court

Mike Yaconelli wrote this on his Youth Ministry Rant:
"What is the deal with Christian colleges, anyway? Shouldn’t they be graduating students who are revolutionary, anti-institutional, anti-cultural extremists? Isn’t anyone else upset that most of our Christian colleges are graduating compliant, materialistic, irrelevant students who don’t have a radical bone in their bodies? Who will push the envelope in the generations to come?"

----
We know some War College warriors who are answering the bell on this one. Hallelujah.
As you read these testimonies you may want to take note of the revolutionary students. They have actually left home and family. They didn't get any couching professional Christianity job but are working hard in the world and spending the spoils on the kingdom. Which person in the world after working 40 hours and wakes up at 4:30AM stays up late ministering to prostitutes in the night? Who huddles in a cold slum hotel, doing as much to stay awake between 2AM and 5AM to bless the Lord? They have radically given the finger to the world system, the devil and many of our rational Christian thinking types to sacrifice, comfort, education and more money 'for the least of these.' I'm proud they are my students and my friends. PTL!

2 Comments:

At 11/26/2006 8:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it really as radical as we make it out to be? is it really all that difficult and hard? Pride is dangerous, yes, one can even be proud of his humility. "Look at me, I'm at the bottom!"

Don't let the right hand know what the left hand is doing.

 
At 11/30/2006 9:30 a.m., Blogger Carla said...

Point Taken. Sorry if I expressed myself in a way that disturbed you.

Note that I'm trying not to boast of myself but what the students are doing. "Don’t praise yourself; let others do it." Pr 27.2 I thought they deserved some earthly credit for their fasted living. It is more than what I do. For that I'm proud of them... not myself.

Also this is sort of an ad for others to come to TWC. If it is radical or not, that is up to you and or the Lord to decide... By the Way who is this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home