Sunday, May 20, 2007

Enjoying the view...

I was traveling by bus today, on my way home from some "fun time" out at Loughhead Shopping Center. There was this man sitting across from me that kept staring my way as though he had never seen a person of the opposite sex before.
Not wanting to be the focus of his eye, I stood up and walked to the back of the bus since we were approaching my stop anyway. He then disturbingly continued to turn around and stare at me. Frustrated, I said "Excuse me, can I help you with anything?" He replied "I'm just enjoying the view."
I educated him in that I was not for his viewing pleasure and wound like to be respected.

This discusting concept fills the minds of so many men in our world. It's not true. Scripture says if a man looks at a woman lustfully, he has committed adultery. Women are not for the purpose of fulfilling a lustful mans wondering eye. I've often heard cynical comment like "Good job God" come out of the mouths of men as an attractive female walks by.
Subjecting women by giving them this role only feeds into the demand that exists by men to have their supposed "needs" met by women. As this is apparently what they are meant to do.

Here is a basic economic lesson. A demand requires a supply. Generally, the higher the demand, the bigger the supply. The supply end playing out in much bigger ways. Take the trafficking in of persons for sexual exploitation. It happens, that's a fact. There are lots of reasons and things that feed into this happening. The two leading factor in human trafficking are extreme poverty and the sexual demand. It seems like such a big thing to stem from something as small as staring at a woman lustfully. However, it just feeds into something so much bigger than we know. Some might see it as a pretty bold statement in even connect the two. Such is truth...
I'd encourage you to take a closer look at the issue of trafficking in of persons and the connections might just surprise you.

*This isn't to say that women don't also have wondering eyes. In both ways, (quoting Donny) "This leads to a moral decline in our generation, people are not objects of affection...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home