Thursday, March 29, 2007

Giving Hope Today

Giving Hope Today is some Salvation Army slogan that goes around. Every slogan, I think, misses the mark. But this slogan was in my mind when I received an email from my friend Derrick who has been 2 years clean today. Here is an excerpt from his email:
I feel so blessed that you have all been apart of my life. I was so hopeless and helpless. I wanted to die, I felt as though there was never going to be hope, love, redemption, and felt doomed. But today, thanks to God and him working through you....I have all of those things in my heart and more.
To all my Friend's at the Salvation Army Caring Place in Maple Ridge....I love you...you made me your Friend. You gave me Hope because you cared through your actions for people like me. Being around you and watching your faith in action awakened my heart and made me feel as though I was loved. I will never forget it. Two years ago today you told me that you loved me and did not want to stand by while I killed myself and made it possible for me to go get help..........Thank You...you help save my life.

Let's go out and love people and give them hope today. I live for stories like this.
JE

1 Comments:

At 3/30/2007 7:41 p.m., Blogger lux said...

awesome, Praise God

 

Post a Comment

<< Home