Thursday, August 21, 2008

Meghan Labrecque's Testimony [Maine, USA]


When I went to the War College I thought I knew exactly what I was getting myself into, sure enough I soon realized that I had no idea. Throughout the year I was challenged more than I could have ever anticipated a year ago I would have never imagined being the way I am now. I learned so much about myself and God by living here. A key thing about this year was living in community, by living in this community I had to sacrifice the ability to hide anything. My sessionmates always knew when I was going through a hard time and they were there to help through it and lift me up, I had never experienced that previous to that year, and it helped to teach me about the way God is. Before the War College I struggled with depression and anxiety and through stepping out of my comfort zone and throwing away the boundaries I had put on myself I was healed! The War College was a tough year and I was stretched beyond what I could have ever expected, but I would never trade this experience for anything else. God used this year to heal me and to show me what it means to live for Him and not myself.

1 Comments:

At 9/03/2008 10:52 p.m., Blogger jeff said...

you're a blessing meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home