Sunday, February 18, 2007

Amazing Grace

My family got all Sallied up to go to a meeting at my dad's corps this Sunday. It was a powerful service focussing on Amazing Grace. I was hit at my need for grace in personal holiness and to be equipped with a challenge that confronts me.

I've been blessed to fall under the leadership of Steve and Danielle for nearly 5 years and they were given farewell orders a couple of weeks ago. This time has been great for seeing my glaring weaknesses with people and administratively. To be honest, I've been scared that I could be the demise of The War College. I knew this not to be true and told this lie to go away... But today this lie was put to death with the following words:

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

We've been graced to have Steve and Danielle. But God's unfathomable grace is sufficient to lead us to the point where He wants to take us. By God's grace that is made perfect in my weaknesses... I'll be able to lead The War College beyond what I can dream or imagine. I'm claiming that. Will you with me?

2 Comments:

At 2/18/2007 7:41 p.m., Blogger lux said...

amen

 
At 3/07/2007 6:54 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Jonathan -- I believe with you for The War College, and for your anointed leadership of it, by the grace of God. He has you there on purpose, by divine design.

Janet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home