Thursday, March 15, 2007

How Can You Do?

Humans are now the third most lucrative commodity traded illegally, after drugs and guns. It's sad to think about how unaware we often are of what's going on in our own back yards. This week I had the chance to listen in on an assembly held at the Vancouver Public Library on immigration laws concerning human trafficking.
I learned how unprepared we are as a people to care and handle victims of human trafficking. We have laws set to attempt and prevent it, we even have enforcement to deal with the law breakers after it happens. However, we have no system, no governmental strategy to quarter and condition trafficked persons.
God has given me personally a passion for the souls of His people, more specifically for the oppressed and afflicted.
In recent months God has given me more and more of a heart for human trafficking victims. It all started on night when someone suggested prayer walking a possible kiddie-stroll area. Now it's takeing me to depths I would have never imagined.
I would encourage you to educate yourself about the major injustices taking place where you are, and how you can help.
sites to visit www.stophumantraffic.com www.endchildexploitation.org.uk www.resistexploitation.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home