Saturday, October 20, 2007

Blogs.

Okay, this blog is causing me so much trouble.
I had to create a google account last time just to be able to log in, then since I did that in such a rush at camp sunrise, I totally forgot what it was.
I was trying to figure it out and just got frustrated, so I made a new one today. This time I better remember it.
Okay, so my last post didn't really say much about my time at war college so far, and I would love to tell you all about it, but I don't really know how. It's like a whole different world down here, it's hard to keep track of time and even remember everything thats happened.
The main difference I've noticed between battle school and war college, is the amount of sleep.
I slept so much during battle school, and now, I'm lucky if I get a good nights sleep two nights in a row. (Not that I'm complaining.)
Also, there are more teachers, more classes, and much more homework. But so far I've enjoyed all the new classes, and the homework.

The rest of the time at Camp Sunrise last week was good and bad.
They played my raw commercial, but with the wrong sound. It made me very angry.
Video is not just something I do, it's what I want to do with my life. Aside from Jesus and Brent, it's pretty much my life. (Even though right now I barley have time to do any sort of photography or anything..) Editing is the one thing I don't like doing, and I spent so long editing that sound. I would rather have had them not play it, then to play it with the other sound.
I really shouldn't let it bother me that much... But, right after I stopped being all angry and upset I had a really good (yet short because it took me a while to get over it) worship session.
Then everything else was really good. I very much enjoyed setting a station up with Jordan, and didn't so much enjoy losing my voice after the second group, but I tried not to let it bother me.
The ferry ride coming back was fun.. Getting to the ferry was an adventure... Climbing over rocks, water, walls... Good times.

I was sick for most of this week. I still am a little bit but it's almost gone, so thats good. But I need to go back to the doctors to make sure the fluid in my ears is draining. (In Abbotsford I got two ear infections and it was bad times.)
Monday I slept a lot. Tuesday I slept a lot. Wednesday I didn't sleep enough.
Thursday was my birthday! I was 18 on the 18th.
It was okay. We didn't really do too much for it, but we had a cake for breakfast (a free one from harbour light!) everyone in my session put together a little card.. Which is technically a pair of sandals tapped together and written on, which I love.
Then my mom came and took my out for dinner, then she came to knee drill (Which is amazing, she is not a christian... YET!) then there was cake afterwards and it was good times.
Then I got stressed out because I didn't know who had my keys but Jordan needed them and since it's my brengle blessing I had to get them to her.. But that all worked out.
While I was walking to the Empress I saw this one guy laying on the ground and two guys kicking him. There were tons of people staning around and nobody did anything.
By the time I got up there, the guys had stopped and the guy on the ground was just laying there and someone was talking to him, so I didn't do anything about it. Part of me feels like I should have, but I don't know what I would have done.
Yesterday a few of us went to the squat about housing. It was good, Ricky was there, and he was happy to see us. I met some people, had some good conversations, got some information about the housing situation, or lack thereof.

I feel very good about my time at war college so far. And I am very excited to see what God has in store for me in the coming year.

If I could figure out how to get my pictures from my camera to this computer, I would post them. So, I will try to do that soon.

I still can't think of a catch phrase..
Jessica.

1 Comments:

At 10/20/2007 5:31 p.m., Blogger Megan S said...

you're enjoying the homework?!? you crazy pink-haired fool that i love anyways!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home