Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Sick

I have been sick the last few weeks. It has been up and down. There was a bit of time that I just kept getting sicker and sicker. I eventually started to get better. The other day I went for a jog with Ashley and through the whole thing I was feeling okay. At the end of the run I could not stop coughing. I turned to Ashley and said to her "I forgot I was sick, until I tried to be healthy."
I started to think about this comment, it really relates to us as christians. We try to do things to become closer to God than we realize how much that is keeping us from Him. We realize that we still need to be healed. I am seeing that a lot in my walk. I came here ready for God wanting to grow and become closer to Him, but than I realized that it is a lot harder than I anticipated. I have come to a point where I know that I am broken and I need to be healed. I have been seeing the blocks that I have been putting up between me and God. I have been discouraged by these blocks, but now I am seeing the good in it. I now see that there is stuff holding me back from God which means that I can get rid of it, praise the Lord. God is a Healing God. I am excited to see Him and action.....and you should be excited as well.

Peace,
Meghan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home