Monday, October 15, 2007

God is Here

Hey friends!
So, what has God been teaching you lately? Well, He has been teaching me that I'll never stop getting taught! Community here is amazing. Most of the spiritual disciplines stuff we do here at the War College I did before on my own, but it's great doing it here cuz it's now like my spiritual disciplines are on steroids. My community here is amazing - that's a big part of what I was missing in the past before I guess.
We had Youth Together on the weekend - it really is amazing to see so many teens seeking after God and heartbreaking to see so many teens just coming to "another conference."
Anyways, God is good and He is here.
I went to these sessions on Life, culture and The Bible in New Zealand when I was there and there is one of my favourite quotes from Mark Strom: "The meaning of our existence is the praise of His glory." We don't have to do anything other than just be. Cool eh? How radical is that? Here's to teens!
Practice His Presence!
Love,
Ashley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home