Sunday, October 14, 2007

I fought the law and God won.

SO I have this problem with listening and responding. Especially in situations in which I am required to respond; most definitely in situations where someone with authority is the one issuing the instruction. This probably explains the weeks that I missed of high school, the meetings I blew off and the people I've refused to call by the title "Mr." or "Miss." (first names are obviously more personal anyway).
So I've pretty much gotten away with murder the majority of my life. I'm pretty sure that I've done about 3 homework assignments in the past 12 years. And my mom raised me to be a really independent person, you know? To live according to my own terms and go where ever the wind blew me and when. There were several days when I would come home at 3 am on a school night, get up at 11 the next morning, maybe make it to school for one class and chat with my teachers about it on MSN. I've never been able to view a teacher or a principal or a pastor or anyone as having any sort of real say in my life, really. I hang out socially with some of my high school teachers because I never allowed them a higher place in my life than as a friend. I've been fired from past jobs for talking back to bosses or storming out when they try to correct me
And it's worked just fine for me thus far.
Apparently, though, this is some sort of issue at the War College. It seems like, here, there's some sort of a blur between independent and rebellious. And rebellion is some sort of a big deal, or something.
So that's what brings me here, typing, when I should so clearly be in bed. There's some sort of discipline in typing out how I feel for people I don't know to reflect on and read. I don't mean that to come across as contentious as it does, because somewhere, deep down, I must actually want to change. So I guess I'm walking in an opposite spirit, one of obedience and servant hood. And so, out of some sort of obedience, I'm blogging and not sleeping.
And that must count for something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home