Tuesday, January 01, 2008

43 minutes left...

I wrote this last night....

And now, my dear ladies and gentlemen, I am about to entertain you with a rather cliche, and usually reflective blog on my experience of this past year.


My memory of the last day of 2006 is not one of clearness. I remember my soon-to-be- brother-in-law arrived from the US that evening, and I remember standing on the frosty deck, waving a sparkler around, and -- for pity sake would they stop hitting those silly pots!-- my head was pounding...

Not exactly a very exciting way to begin the new year. Oddly enough, although the "calling in" wasn't outstanding, the year itself has been one of many thing... all in immense quantities. Many new experiences, many tears, many battles, many victories, many defeats, many friends come, many friends gone, many masks, and many moments in which I realized what it means to live. Unfortunately, also, many moments in which I realized what it means to live a dead life.

I used to live in a nice big blue house. Not anymore. I used to walk 20 minutes to school (almost) everyday. Not anymore. I used to spend my days in a classroom, trying painfully hard to be smart enough, pretty enough, funny enough, and ______(fill in the blank) enough. Not anymore.

I'm excited --or maybe just over tired-- for this year to begin. Part of me is scared, actually most of me is scared... just as most of me is tired ;)Anyways...

Thanks, Lord, it's been a good year... now, let's do this allll over agian!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home