Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Big Box theory

I carried a GIGANTIC (I'm guessing 5x4x3ish) box all around downtown Vancouver. Peter and I had been wanting to find huge cardboard boxes for an upcoming youth conference (decorations), and met a guy inside a massive dumpster grabbing out big boxes. So, he helped us get a few and off we went. We used our arms, we used our heads, we walked sideways, we walked backwards, we rested, and we both have really sore arms (did I mention that it is a HUGE box?)
Anyways, that got me thinking about how weird we are as Christians. When it came to a gigantic box, cars let us walk on a red hand signal, children laughed, grown men cried, and we looked fantastic.
As Christians, I don't really think people know what to do with us. We are unusual, we are a light in a dark place. Aliens in our own homes. We are out of place, seemingly something to smile at or else shrug off.
What do you do with that?
My only thought is that you get that dang box home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home