Thursday, September 18, 2008

My first Week at The War College

Wow, so I'm almost done my very first week at the War College; all that I can say for sure is that it is one of the most surprising experiences of my life. I should probably introduce myself though. My name is Jessica Walker, I am from Mission, and if I were to be any animal I would be a mama bear(obscure, I know).
As of yet, the best thing about the War College experience on the DTES is the sense of community that everyone cultivates, and not just the 614 crew, but also the homeless and addicted: everyone knows everyone else by name. I am also seriously enjoying my Introduction To Biblical Interpretation class with the one and only Stephen Bell. Probably the thing that I have not enjoyed about the DTES is the drugs: I have seen varying ways of shooting up in the past week then I have ever wanted to in my life, and the only thing that I can do is pray and show unconditional Love. God help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home