Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On erosion.

One of the main parts of my War College year was learning how to break into smallness, for it is in our smallness that the vastness of YHWH is most easily recognised by those around us. I once thought of it like a child standing near the ocean; the ocean was always huge but the smallness of the child gives us the perspective of just how overwhelming it is. As Christ reveals Himself to us, we are made more and more like Him and less and less like us, we need to learn how to let Him change us - this hurting world needs more than just kids with big dreams, it needs a big God who acts in small things, through small people.
When the people of this world see huge things coming from an army of people just as small as they are who REFUSE to live in a state of bigness and remain humbly on their knees, they will realise that God is working through His people, and hopefully they will want to be one of His people, too.
May The Lamb Who Was Slain bless your journey to be more like Him.


I am small.
You, crashing around me
rolling over me in the morning tides
I hear nothing but the
submission of the sands
feel nothing but the
heartbeat of the waves breaking against my
small, weak, delicate and
ultimately insignificant
body.
You, enveloping my self and
urging me to break into
the bigness that -itself- overwhelms
me.

I, like the rocks upon which I stand,
will give way to the relentless waves.
and You, great Rescuer, will search
for me among the sands
Sweep me up and let the
current rush me away from this
simple, safe and ultimately destructive
shoreline.
-Caitlyn Spence

1 Comments:

At 11/15/2008 3:12 p.m., Blogger Ashley said...

Very interesting, Caitlyn Spence. I agree. It's like walking with God is a walk where you learn to shrink. I was very encouraged to read this and to be reminded of all I learned in War College too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home