Saturday, November 22, 2008

TWC's Next Top Warrior


So before coming to Vancouverest, I LOVED Americas next top model, could quote it, made it a point to get to watch the new episodes on Wednesday nights, played ANTM, and also related real life to the Show.

I guess thats what reality shows do, they kinda mock or whatever real life. I remember my first summer going on a mission team I told our leader becki, she was like Tyra, and orientation is like ANTM! She didn't really understand. (she didn't understand a lot of my thoughts actually...)

But tonight when thinking about where I am at in my head, spiritually, and just observing the structure and the occurrences here at The War College it reminded me of my fav show ANTM.

I think the role of Tyra switches, sometimes...mostly jonathan...but sometimes its our other leaders...maybe disciplers...Or they could also fit the role of the judges.

I cried a lot today...maybe some legit maybe some not legit...but in the show sometimes i would giggle when the girls cried...sometimes they had a lot of makeup on. Sometimes they cried because of reldivs (relational difficulties), sometimes rebuke from Tyra or photographers, Sometimes they ended up feeling like they sucked at something, or they just missed their family.

So totally relatable to TWC, my day consisted of a lot of those things. and its just hard. reldivs,rebukes,suckyness, are not fun or easy.

Sometimes it gets so hard for the girls they quit and go home. Or they are not actually fit to be ANTM. They have to make a choice to be there, give it their all, learn and apply things to be a better model. I am not here to become a Fierce Model...but a Fierce Warrior, TWC is all about training Warriors to Win the World for Jesus.

so i have to choose to be here, choose not to go home or give up and be defeated, but choose to be a conqueror! I am here to train, and im realizing more n more that im not going to be naturally amazing at the tasks set before me. That i will fall, and get bruised, but get back up again and learn from mistakes and grow more and more. But if i give up i won't grow, i wont fulfill the purpose of training. So i am not giving up. Do you want to be on top? So who will be on top? I hope I can be one who is on top!

1 Comments:

At 11/24/2008 7:26 a.m., Blogger Victory of the People said...

this might be one of the best things i have ever read

thank you for your volnerability and transparecny and for being truthful. the truth will set you free.

i love you alberta.

(ps - the security word i have to write is 'press' and i exhort you alberta to PRESS on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home