Thursday, November 13, 2008

A story for the spirit!!

As I have already established, for those regular readers, God has been stretching and humbling and growing me in intercession.

So here is for a neat experience to share-

Wednesday night I was getting the coffee machine ready in the community coffee shop, and I suddenly felt a deep urgency to pray. I just felt a heavy burden, it had no name or face to it but I knew the burden was not mine. So, I spoke out in the spirit for about 30 minutes before the urgency passed. [Mind you, Im mighty glad that nobody else was around because I was called to my knees and utterences just seemed to deeply pour out of my soul...it was quite bizarre!!]
So, I thought not much more of it for a while as I had my mind occupied with Recr8.

Then, I had to take a few people out for a bit of street ministry who had come down to Vancouver for the week from Alberta. While we were walking and talking we got on to the subject of giftings and we had a wuality conversation on what intercession is. In the process, I was able to share my experience from earlier on in the evening...and discovered at the exact time that God had called me to engage in the spirit and pray, there was an intense debriefing happening with this group who were down here doing ministry. Someone was pouring out their soul on an issue they had been carrying with them.

So being a woman of faith, I don't believe in coinsidence. I believe that this was a working of the spirit- that the event was covered in prayer. Not because of anything that I am or any special thing that I can be, but simply because it was a moment of pure direction by the spirits leading. So, I believe God is at work! At it is always exciting to see little pieces of the kingdom and to receive encouragement.

My reason for sharing is so that all glory and honor and praise would go to The Lord! Because He is living. And active.

Hallelujah!!

2 Comments:

At 11/13/2008 9:49 p.m., Blogger Caitlyn said...

"being a woman of faith, I don't believe in coincidence"

Amazingly quotable.

 
At 11/13/2008 11:13 p.m., Blogger lux said...

awesome...
thanks for sharing...
i pray that you continue to grow in all that God has for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home