Wednesday, December 03, 2008

 So I was on kettles, probably just around my fifth hour, when a guy came up to me and asked me for a light. When I replied that I don't smoke and that my friend who does had just left, he pulled out a lighter and lit his cigar himself. Obviously, he didn't just want a light; he wanted a conversation. He asked if it was okay if he stood beside me and smoked, and then proceeded to tell me about how he was in Harbour Light treatment 4 years ago. He said that he was doing really well now and he lived in The Vogue. When he was there, he had no money and it was around christmas time, the chaplain blessed him by buying two beautiful silver chain and cross necklaces for him to give to his two sons. His kids still have those necklaces.
Praise the Lord! We are making a difference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home