Thursday, November 16, 2006

Testimony 4 - Catherine Marquis [Vancouver]


The greatest difficulty the Lord has helped me overcome since being at the War College is being apart from my children with almost no contact. Through constant prayer and agonizing with Him He has reminded me that He was the one who made them and He actually loves them more than me (believe it or not I actually thought I had to CONVINCE Him to take care of them while I am away from them)! It has been two months now since arrived and God is SO good. I have been encouraged by a friend back home that even as God has sent me here to minister to the adult children of other people who are living on the streets of East Vancouver, so He will send people to minister to my children back home and continue to bless them and draw them ever closer to Him.

I have totally grown in my trust in God since coming to the War College in early September. Here in East Van I would say that trust even of my physical life is not an exaggeration. God continues to teach me and challenge me to trust Him in everything and with everything. God needed to separate me from everything familiar and dear to me to do the work He has designed for me and has chosen the War College as a means of doing that.

God has been encouraging me to be faithful. Even when I don't see how He is working He has encouraged me to continue (Galatians 6:9 'Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we don't give up')

1 Comments:

At 11/22/2006 8:05 a.m., Blogger sixonefour said...

praise the Lord. Stay strong and courageous.
Oh, and nice dog tags.

HD
614 Cha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home