Thursday, November 23, 2006

Testimony 6 - Matt Armstrong [Vancouver, BC]


My big deal in coming to War College was fear. Before attending the college I did not feel safe, and was constantly uncomfortable in the downtown east-side. Since I have been down here, I have quickly learned that the Lord is faithful to those who obey him. By taking that step and coming to the War College, God has over taken my fear with strength. It's pretty freaking radical. I never thought that I would ever be able to walk down allies in the middle of the night. Don't get me wrong though; I still do get nervous on occasion. God is changing and strengthening me everyday. As I turn to Him more and more, HE graciously blesses me to do things way beyond my “self.” I'm deffinatly digging what God is doing in my life, and the rest of the Revolutionaries. They are neat, and have cool hip-hop style.

Putting all of your trust in to God is something I am constantly growing in. It's super hard sometimes to give “ALL” you have to Him. However, it's the best thing anyone can do! It is mighty awesome that God tells his people to cast their cares apon him. And God is faithful to that. He takes our burdens off of our backs, and then throws them away remembering them no more. Seems like a sweet deal to me. As I continue to seek God and His will, he continues to reveal truth and understanding to me. This has made me tighter in relation to God, and has allowed me to minister better from what I have learned. An example of this is how God has been teaching me to Love people better. It's so amazing how God sometimes just calls us to love people. You don't even need to mention Jesus. God does all the spiritual work. We just need to hang out and show people we care (like Jesus does for us).

The War College has been a great experience for me to really focus on my relationship with God. It has given me the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone in faith, and experience the blessings in which God bestows on those who are faithful to Him. It is an incredible opportunity, and has definitely impacted my life in a big way already.

The Lord has been encouraging me to seek his face in all that I do. No matter what the circumstance is, God wants to help. He wants us to rely on his strength, and He will fight our battles for us. He is gracious and
compassionate, and loves us to death. This can be a hard lesson to take in and understand, but it's true. As I seek God's face more and more, he continues to build me up. It's good stuff. You should all try it!

2 Comments:

At 11/26/2006 1:06 p.m., Blogger Holysession said...

Matt, its superb to read your testimony and hear that you're getting your hands dirty for Jesus. Let God consume you this year. Let him take over. It just gets better and better. And keep dreaming!!

Dan White (London, ON)

 
At 11/29/2006 4:46 p.m., Blogger KiR said...

Let....it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home