Sunday, December 03, 2006

Read JAC!

I didn’t know how to be a Salvation Soldier! I’d never been involved in the pub scene; in fact, drunken people scared the living daylights out of me. How do I make stories of my own when I’m totally ill equipped for the fight? That’s where The War College came in. So at the age of 32 I quit my job, rented out my beautiful house in the suburbs and moved to Vancouver to live in a slum hotel for a year to be trained as a Salvation Soldier. Let me tell you it was the best year of my life. I detoxed from program-oriented church life and experienced Christian community like never before. I learnt to pray for three hours at a time in the War Room. I helped two of my friends begin a relationship with Jesus. I could go on. I came home to Adelaide a changed person. But the challenge is to remain changed and live up to what I’ve already attained. - Fleur Hodge

I too have learned a lot from coming here. There is a huge challenge in living up to what we've attained. I think this is what William Booth meant by, 'Keeping Saved.'

Anyways, in JAC the soldiers interviews and Bales piece on Holiness were inspirational for me. Perhaps for you too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home