Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Lonliness...

I have come to realize that living incarnationally in itself will automatically throw in a number of other incarnatonal aspects. One of the major problems faced by people in the DTES (downtown east side) is lonliness. It is in fact one of the root causes for many addicts here. It should not have come as a surprise then, when I was overcome with a deep, aching lonliness last night during my prayer room shift. It did, however, take me entirely off guard, an it took alot of prayer and a bit of frustration before I realized that the feelings I was experiencing were not infact my own. I am still learning slowly about a number of my spiritual giftings, and intercession is one that is very foreign to me.
However, I praise God even now for this feeling of lonliness and emptyness, because it is through this that I will be better equipped to minister to those experiencing the same things (by that I mean 99% of the DTES' population). Just a thought, and perhaps something you can pray if you remember me in yoru prayers: for me to have the strength not to let emotions or feelings get in the way of me doing God's work.

Grace,

Jordan

3 Comments:

At 10/10/2007 3:50 p.m., Blogger pete footer said...

totaly hear you there. Keep fighting and praising and we'll all get there together.

 
At 10/10/2007 3:50 p.m., Blogger pete footer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10/13/2007 5:51 a.m., Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

hey Jordan,
i totally feel the place u r in right now... i denied for sooo long that i didnt have intercession, but i did. and each time i would feel something, i would be frustrated thinking it was me, but it wasnt.... keep praying, keep seeking God. be open to whatever he wants to chuck at you. its a GOOD gift. a very good gift. and let others know how u r feeling so they can pray for the DTES effectively as well! love you sister!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home