Monday, November 26, 2007

These Boots Were Meant for Walking

Ok, so, I don't even know the words to that song, I just remember 'Puss in Boots' singing 'em in Shrek 2. It seems appropriate though because I was finally able to use my new gum boots today. AND the reason why my gum boots are relevant (just in case you were wondering) is that I am still thinking about wandering. Searching. Yesterday, I decided to have a mini-adventure. So, instead of walking home with the lovely Jordan and indomitable Meghan I chose to use the compass on my key chain and walk South! So much fun! God and I basically just hung out. We chatted. I got angry (as usual) cried, then laughed. I saw so much... It's sad that we are such an individualistic society. I saw so much... It's sad that the cancer of individualism has gone so deep that we all exist dreaming dreams we can't even share. I saw soccer teams, elderly people sitting at park benches, kids playing on playgrounds, a Dad teaching his kid to ride a bike, and, man, I could just go on and on. the biggest impression I got was from a kid I saw practicing soccer... with ALL his heart! I wsa so impressed. People still dream. I guess I'd let myself forget that. there are so many broken dreams down here. Um, I know I belong here. So, as a result of my wanderings/wonderings yesterday I have decided I would really love to throw myself into community (sharing includes dreams), and 2ndly that I really want to continue to have wandering adventures! Yadeyada ya ya yah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home