Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Seagulls and Stars

I have a strange fondness for seagulls. Something in the way that they ride on the wind and the way they stand so starkly white agaist a blue sky. It wasn't always this what however. I remember quite vividly sitting around the big old fir tree in the school yard, while my close friend announced that, if she were an animal, she would be a seagull. It was the first time I had really taken much notice of the things. I had always grown up in the interior, where the only seagulls you saw where when you went to the dump... not so nice. However, since that moment I have been taking opportunities to observe them, and have definatly come to the conclusion that I am very fond of them. I spent a good hour just watching them at Crab tree park the other day. Honestly, God is just so good!! I just can't help praising him for all he has done. I am realizing that he desires me to take more joy in the gifts he has given me through nature. I dont take nearly as much time for them as i should, and I regret not having taken time to enjoy them before coming to Vancouver. Stars was the hardest thing to loose. I still see them once in awhile, but usually there are clouds, not to mention the MILLION city lights that drown them out. Oh, I really do love stars. There is something almost ominous about them. Hmm, perhaps that is similar to my relationship with God. I don't take much notice of him when i can see him all the time, but when i can't, I long for him. I feel ridiculous some nights when I joyously exclaim "I see a star!", as I point to a single, faint little light, twinkling in the sky. But even that little star makes me feel so much closer to God. It makes me remember what eternal really means, and what endless really describes. Mmm hmm... God is a good good God.

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2007 10:09 p.m., Blogger jessca said...

I definatly find it just as exciting as you do everytime I notice a star in the sky, and I'm used to not seeing them all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home