Thursday, September 18, 2008

Welcome Home

After an intense week of ''orientation' or perhaps; ''boot camp'' to be more realistic, a few of us Conquereros decided to head off to MetroTown last Sunday to chill out.

How bizarre to walk past people and not have them react, either with some love, a smile or a stare!
How bizarre to smell clean air, free of smoke!!
How bizarre to feel one of the crowd, to not be the one everybody notices!!
How bizarre to not no anyone, to not have any friends sitting on the corner!!

It was good to be out of the DTES and to chill out, but I also felt sad! I felt a bit lost haha! Im learning very quickly to love this place and to love the openess that the people share.

Some people may call that openess being desperate; I call it being honest and being realistic. I call it being community. I call it showing love.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/18/2008 8:47 p.m., Blogger Megan S said...

Love it. And I know the feeling :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home