Monday, November 05, 2007

If people could keep me acountable to this

From Jackie to me to you:
This one drove me to ages of meditation with God to find some sort of rest, but here's the basic sum up of what took me weeks.

It isn't fair why is it that I was born in a wealthy Australian family, with good health, speaking the main political language and being able to travel any where in the world.
Why is it that I was able to make hundreds maybe even thousands of mistakes in my childhood when for many people just one would mean their death. I could have just as easily been born in North Korea where children are forced to pick up scraps from the road or China as the second Child where the government would murder me before I'd entered this world. I could have easily been born into an alcoholic family or in a country so poor I would be sold to prostitution.
Why is life not fair, I can see, hear, breath and not have to worry about being killed by some extremist organization, I have never been forced to watch my family being shot for not renouncing Christ as many have and still do.
As Paul said in Romans 1 14 "I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise." I am in debt to the poor, weak and the lost. If I don't stand for justice, this amazing opportunity I have been given will become no more than a slap in the face of Jesus who died for me and a wasted life.

Result:

I renounce and hate materialism in my life
Just to be able to eat more than once a day is more than enough and a blessing.
Matt 6: 31
In North Korea and many other places just one meal a day is not available
see link

I renounce and hate the opinion that to just work in a worldly un-mission focused environment and just sponsor a child is enough
People are dieing every where and I am privileged enough to have a voice to
protest and money to fund this.
Matt 25:25
see link

I renounce and hate self indulgent entertainment that in my privileged position I
have been able to have.
Entertainment is not a right or an option to waste money and time on, when
thousands are crying for help I can not and must not be found using the money that
could save these peoples life's on a pointless trip to a theme park or buying the
latest movie.
Matt 25:45-46
see link

I am at war, we are at war!
I believe that if I don't pull rank and start fighting I am guilty of a great sin seeing a problem, being able to fix it and not doing anything
this opinion is not open for dispute with anything less than the word of God itself.
Romans 2:5b-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home