Saturday, November 03, 2007

God is listening.

I have had a really good week. God wise.
He gave me a lot of cool revelations, but the most important one is that he is listening.
Theres been some tough stiff going on with sicknesses in my life latley, and I would pray for people and see no results, or get the wrong results.
But, thats not true for every case. Which is proof that God is listening, and he cares about my prayers.
He is not a lazy God. He is an active God.
He will not abandon his children, he will not let go of them.
Praise the lord.

This week has been both good and bad. I had a really good day on Thursday, then two stressfull ones in a row.
I really feel like there is one night in particular I need to blog about, even though it was a week ago.
After I blogged last, I had an amazing night with God.
I stayed up and did the first part of the Girl's all night war room shift.
It was nice. I prayed a bit, got interrupted to open the gate for other girls, and played guitar.
It was a pretty short shift. I woke Caitlyn up so I could go to bed.
I lay down on the couch, got all comfy, and realized that spiritually, I was really uncomfortable.
God didn't want me to sleep on the couch.
So I got up, and set up a very uncomfortable, but amazing bed... At the foot of the cross.
I was physically laying down every burden, every bad thought, every bad thing of my day.
Which in itself was amazing.
Then God told me to grab the bottom of the cross.
When I did that, he cleansed me of the mistakes, and burdens of my day.
I woke up hours later, still holding the cross.
It was great. I got to sleep, like I really needed, spend time with the Lord, and wake up to him.
When I was laying there before I fell asleep I just felt so.. comfortable, even though I had one thin blanket underneath me..
I would say it was the best war room shift I've ever had, and I've had some pretty amazing ones.

I need to hang out with my session more.
I MEAN IT GUYS! I LOVE YOU!
But theres so much stuff going on right now in New West.
They need me to film, there are things that need to be celebrated..
After the next couple weekends, I will not go home, except for brigade, for atleast 2 weekends.
Promise.
I love New West, and being able to go home.. But it's turning into my safetly blanket, and I'm abusing the fact that I can so easily go home.
So Im sorry. After Im done with the things I promised I would do, I will stop going there every chance I get. I want to spend more time with you guys.

2 Comments:

At 11/08/2007 11:56 a.m., Blogger Megan S said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!

 
At 11/09/2007 6:18 p.m., Blogger Denise said...

I get the feeling that it may not be so much about spending time with your session(though I know that would be amazing), but the world that you don't know...hmm...does that make sense? Its so easy to go home, to leave the DTES, to seek out what you would think is comfortable...now is not the time for that for you, jessica. God is asking for you to open up your eyes to Him(spiritual eyes). There is more He has to show you...more and more and more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home