Sunday, October 28, 2007

Three things about my life

Street preaching:
The other day we took part in open street evangelism (I say took part but I had no choice). Any one who knows me well will know that I not only don't do street preaching but hate it. This time we went about preaching in a whole new way we formed a circle and wen't about praising God this worship was not for the people but for God. We respectfully shared out testimonies, scripture and a short sermon to any one who wanted to listen that included us. The meeting was done in such a way that we didn't push the Gospel on any one but invited them to share in the meeting with us. Most forms of street preaching I've seen or taken part of have involved preaching to "the other people" whiles Christians handed out Gospel tracts I see that as being counter productive. What I experienced the other day is the way I invision all churches, getting rid of their buildings that waste space,money and effort and having meetings outside. I am very glad that dispite my protests I was forced to take part. Praise God

I know this may upset some people:
About a year ago I came to the conclusion that I was not a soldier IHQ didn't want me to be one and I didn't think it necessary to help spread the gospel so I stepped down, this has been great for me and taken a huge burden that was on my back. Recently I decided to make this official this is proving to be very hard. People seem to think that this is a great big tragedy instead of a step forward in my walk with God. Please pray that people would be understanding and please pray for me in this new walk in life.
I should say that whiles I am not a soldier any more I do love soldier ship and encourage it for anyone who is called.
Moe-Vember:
On a lighter note next month is Moe-vember and because of this some of have decided to celebrate the month by growing moustaches. The rules are simple start the month clean shaven and grow.

3 Comments:

At 10/28/2007 11:52 p.m., Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

ewww a moustache.... that brings back memories of our revolution session. ask any of the guys in our session about their gross moustaches... sooo grosso.

 
At 10/30/2007 10:17 p.m., Blogger Caitlyn said...

"I am very glad that dispite my protests I was forced to take part."

You are welcome. Anytime you want me to bully you into something, I'll be there.

 
At 11/01/2007 8:22 a.m., Blogger pete footer said...

lol how about you bully me into drinking starbucks much less effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home