Friday, November 02, 2007

Sickness

One friend of mine is currently battling sclerosis of the liver, leukemia, and bone cancer and starts treatment in January.
Another friend of mine is fighting with many serious bed bug bites and scabs and a bad case of HIV scarring her body and making her very self-conscious and weak.
A couple students in the War College are dealing with very hard coughs and chest pain.

Sometimes it feels like we are battling with just so much sickness and I just don't know what to do. I'm hoping my two friends will come out to the war room sometime to soak in the presence of the Lord and pray because I believe that there is healing where the presence of the Lord is.

Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Isaiah 58:8

But sometimes its just so hard to have faith, especially when you're around so much terrible illness that seems (but is not) hopeless. Increase my faith, Lord.

Please pray for my friends who are sick and against future illness, especially in the War College.

And special prayer request: please pray that I would find strength in Christ through my weaknesses. I'm finding it very hard these days to work or to find any sort of joy in my weaknesses.

Peace,

1 Comments:

At 11/03/2007 3:13 a.m., Blogger lux said...

It is great to hear how you are being challenged and what you are learning.

I pray that the Lord will increase your faith, that He will teach you to lean on Him, at all times, in your strengths and your weakness.

blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home