Monday, November 12, 2007

Perfect Love

Well, our journey as Christians is towards God, right? We just keep on growing more into His likeness until He brings it on in to completion. What does that mean for now, but imperfection! Depressing. But, thank God, He has not just saved us from our past sins but set up a way of forgiveness for all our sins, till we're just like Christ. How are we to be holy then (since holiness is possible now)? These last couple of weeks I've put a lot of time and contemplation, prayer and reading into that and God's reminded me of His Word. He saves me. He lays hold of me and the thing I can't quite yet get for myself, but long to take a hold of. So, in a way, He already takes me there and in a way He makes it real. Holiness is then, living fully in perfect love (perfect not meaning beyond surpassing, but perfect as in right for now). I desperately want to live in perfect love with Christ, and I'm sooo frustrated when I fail but God keeps reminding me He's got my back.
There's a song by Corrine Bailey Rae called "Put Your Record On" and it's all about just being yourself (specially as a girl), and there is one line that is prob my favourite out of the whole song and much of what anyone has ever said to me before "You don't have to try ay longer. Do what ya wanna." And that is so powerful because that says we can be trusted. Trust is essential to love. It's like God looks at me and say, " I set you up to fly, you don't have to try, just go!" So, right, perfect love. Perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home