Thursday, November 29, 2007

Theology and Thumbprints

Nearly three months into War College, and I am probably more confused than I was when I first began. It's been said many times that ignorance is bliss-- it's true. My faith was so much simpler when I did not have to wrestle with the issue of holiness, or whether or not insite is a good idea or not. When I first began WAr College, I was a bit of a debater. At times I still am, but generally, I have found that arguing theology, christology, and a number of other "ology's" only leaves me feel more confused. Not to say that debating such things is bad. Most definatly not! But, you see, I was expecting to some how find God, or even truth, in the countless debates, but I never did. They never caused me to healthely question my faith, rather they only distracted me from the most important things.
Then there are the things that do strengthen my faith, for one reason or another. Like the way light bounces of of objects. Or the human thumbprint. Or the way that pigeons interact ( I see ALOT of pigeons ). Or... the sky. Spending time just sitting in awe of things such as these draws me so closely into God's arms. Perhaps this means that I don't have answers to every question, I'm finally ok with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home