Monday, March 10, 2008

I am a sinner

Recently the Lord has been revealing to me more who He is and what He requires of me. In effect to that I can say I have grown immensely in my fear of the Lord in the last year of my life. 
I think that the fear of the Lord is something that has been lost, slowly crushed down to a smaller and smaller priority throughout the generations. Impurity is everywhere and is destroying people all over the world by causing compromise, even within people in the church. So often we seek the compassion and forgiveness of he Lord, but is there something missing there? The Lord is compassionate to me. The Lord is forgiving to me. The Lord also desires righteousness from me. The Lord also examines my heart and rewards me accordingly. (Psalm 18) I think that the Lord rewarding me when I act righteously is Him being compassionate. I deserve no rewards I am a sinner, and the Lord - He is perfect and Holy. May the Lord give us each a desire to search and reach for Holiness and righteous living.


 1 In the LORD I put my trust;
         How can you say to my soul, 
         “Flee as a bird to your mountain”?
 2 For look! The wicked bend their bow,
         They make ready their arrow on the string, 
         That they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart.
 3 If the foundations are destroyed,
         What can the righteous do? 
         
 
4 The LORD is in His holy temple,
         The LORD’s throne is in heaven; 
         His eyes behold, 
         His eyelids test the sons of men.
 5 The LORD tests the righteous,
         But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
 6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
         Fire and brimstone and a burning wind 
         Shall be the portion of their cup. 
         
 7 For the LORD is righteous,
         He loves righteousness; 
         His countenance beholds the upright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home