Friday, October 26, 2007

Falling! and He keeps calling me back again

My mom once told me I could never, ever work in a postition with both people and money, because I would just end up giving it all away. I used to bring homeless teens and stray kids home all the time and ask if we could keep them. Thing is that it is really, really easy for me to fall in love. I fall in love with everything and everyone very quickly and so easily. I have this tendancy to meet people and fall head over heels in seconds. I figure it's like I fall in love with God IN people, God in their lives. I could probably fall madly in love with someone in about 4 seconds and not even know their name or anything. I'm still trying to decide whether that's a blessing or a curse in my current situation. I've always had this way of looking at people behind their problems, there's a couple of particular people in our neighborhood that have called me some terrible things and have probably never done anything positive towards me, but I am so crazy in love with them. My heart hurts so much to hear the pain in their cracking voices as they call me the things they've probably had directed at them for most of their lives.
People always told me that it was easy to get heartbroken in the Downtown East side.
But I never realized that happened because it was so easy to fall in love.
Thank God that He IS love, so the heartbreak isn't worthless; It makes love more than a conqueror.
It makes it a savior.

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 12:52 p.m., Blogger Mahala Sarah Woodford said...

Like when you brought me home? :D
But to be fair, I think you asked first.
You said "Come live with me"
and a few minutes later said "My mom says its okay"

I'm glad to hear that you're still falling in love and seeing God in people in your new environment.

Major Joan sends her love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home