Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The unseen.

Look around for a moment.

What do you see? What price would you put on it?

It baffles me that God calls us to "set our eyes on what is unseen and not what is seen". He calls us to go agianst the grain in a very revolutionary way. Honestly, you cant read that, and honestly say that you are following it without standing out in a croud. *** Oh, side note... Jesus is contravertial, revolutionary, and weird. Therefore, if you don't fit that definition, you might want to ask the Lord where he wants you to give another part of yourself to him.*** Not only does he tell us to focus on what is unseen though, he explains why (i do love it when he does that). Its because the unseen things are the things that are going to last for eternity! The city that is going to come at the end is going to be one with an eternal foundation. The things you see around you; money, cars, houses, buisnesses, hobbies, even the ocean and the sky, all these things will pass away, and if you are holding unto them and only them, you'll fall too. I'll fall too.


I am really asking God to show me what parts of the world I am holding onto too tightly, and what parts of eternity I am not holding onto tight enough. I do warn you though, only ask such questions if you are ready to deal with the answer (because he WILL give an answer).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home