Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Spiritual

Since being here I have found that The War College is all about the spiritual. When you get here you are kind of not use to the lingo. For example last night I was saying how I felt sick, and the first thing someone asked was if it was spiritual or not......my first thought was well I haven't gotten sleep in forever and my head hurts and I think that I might vomit it seemed very physical, than I thought could it be spiritual ?

I am reading No Compromise which is the biography of Keith Green. In the book it talks about how Hell is not talked about any more and Satan is not a reality any more. It is surprising to me now to think about the fact that people don't think about Hell or even realize the reality of it. There are so many people in this world that are suffering in this life, and they don't have God who is the only one that can take this suffering away, and than they will go to Hell and suffer for eternity.

It is scary to think about Hell and it makes people uncomfortable to even here the word. Well, guess what it is real and the path to Hell is wide and the path to Heaven is narrow. We need to get to work. We need to stop wearing these blinders that only allow us to see what we want to see. We need to see it all. We need to see that Satan is real, Hell is real.

We need to start seeing the spiritual. We need open our eyes and see how there is so much that effects us that we don't see. We are at war and it isn't a war against flesh and blood.

Satan's Boast
(Keith Green)

Oh, my job keeps gettin' easier
As time keeps slippin' away.
I can imitate the brightest light
And make your night look just like day.
I put some truth in every lue
To tickle itchin' ears.
I'm drawin' people just like flies
'Cause they like what they hear.

I'm gainin' power by the hour,
They're fallin' by the score.
You know, it's gettin's very simple now
Since no one believes in me any more.

Oh heaven's just a state of mind
My books read on your shelf.
Oh, have you heard that God is dead?
I made that one up myself!
They're dabblin' in magic spells.
They get their fourtunes read,
They heard the truth but turned away
And followed me instead....

Everyone likes a winner.
With my help you're guaranteed to win.
Hey, man, you ain't no sinner no!
You've got the truth within.

And as your life slips by you believe the lie
That you did it on your own.
But I'll be there to help you share
Our dark eternal home---
Our dark eternal home.

Grace,
Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home