Saturday, October 27, 2007

The taste of ink.

So last night I ended up having a conversation with a few of the girls in my session.
It got me thinking to who I used to be, and my past. It was really cool to think about because now I'm such a different person.
The only real difference now is Jesus.
After the conversation I found a song I used to listen too a lot.
Oh man the lyrics remind me so much of who I used to be.
"Pretty girl is offering while he confesses everything
Pretty soon she'll figure out you can never get him out of your head"
One line in particular stuck out to me
"She's beautiful as usual with bruises on her ego."
That is totally me about a year ago.
Praise the Lord I'm not still there.
After that another song came on from a band that I used to be a huge fan of. I hadn't listened to them for quite a while so it was a major flashback. It was good. I'm listening to them now. I just keep thinking back to all of these instances in my life where I was searching for something, and I would always think I had found it, but I never really had untill I found Jesus.
Now everything has such a different meaning to me. I can find truth in songs that I used to love. It's really cool.
God would speak to me through them so subtly that I wouldn't even know it was him, but looking back, it's just amazing. It blows my mind.

I did Re-Cre-8 tonight. There was no leader, so I tried to kind of take over.
It was probably the worst Re-Cre-8 shift I've ever had.
First there was some guy taking to many muffins and getting upset, then I was left alone out front (By accident.. Niether knew the other was also back there...) right when we got super busy so that was stressfull, then the same guy that did the muffin thing wanted to take his cup outside, then there was a guy who stood uncomfortably close and didn't say anything to bad but I still was just not comfortable with him. Then there was this one guy, who comes in a lot, who is always a little off, and he was just getting mad at me when I was doing absoloutly nothing. I wasn't talking to him or even looking at him and he was getting angry. Ive never kicked someone out, but I was really really close to doing so, but then he stopped talking.
I definatly needed some dusting off.
Once I got that I felt a lot better.. But since I'm still ranting about it I think I might need a little bit more.
Which is allright seeing as it is the girls all night of prayer tonight.

I've really enjoyed getting to know everyone. Not just my session mates (although they do kick butt) but also the leadership, and people in the community.
I like it down here, a lot.

God is revealing a lot of stuff to me that I need to work on.
For one, actually letting people keep me accountable.
So, to people in this community who read this, that I've mentioned something about this too, PLEASE DO! Force me to tell you whats going on, don't let me get away with saying "It's going okay". If I say that, I'm probably just avoiding the real answer. Pester me a bit and I will be an open book.

I have lots of pictures I should be posting, but they are not on my computer and I forgot my camera. I fail at the picture thing, but at least I'm blogging.

Thanks for reading guys.
I still dont have a good catch phrase.
Jessica.

1 Comments:

At 10/28/2007 5:19 p.m., Blogger Andrew said...

Hi. Praise God. Good times.
I really do miss Re:cr8.
Grace. A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home