Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ready and Willing conference and other stuff

So we're into the last night of RAW for this year; there's only one morning left before everyone goes home. Although I must admit I was not looking forward to it (I wasn't in a BAD mood about it, I was just apathetic towards it), it has been really great. I've really gotten in touch with the Lord this week, I've got some more great stories about the downtown eastside, I've met some really great people, and I've eaten some really great food :-)

I just want to share some stories from street combat tonight.

On my first round, my partner Jess and I were really blessed by people. They prayed with us and for us, and even asked the Lord to bless us. It was a great example of community and I indeed felt really blessed by them. It was great to meet more brothers and sisters in Christ living in the downtown eastside under some of the worst conditions. They are beautiful people.

My second round out tonight was much quieter until the very end. One dude we met asked for quick prayer but when we asked him his name and what specifically he wanted prayer for (healing for the cuts and bruises on his face), he told us just feeling the good "energy" coming from us was enough and walked away. So we prayed for him anyways on our own, but what he said stayed with me. Then, not even a block away, I noticed a woman standing in a doorway needing prayer. She wanted to know how I knew she was having a bad day, but I didn't really know what to say except that the Lord told me so. So she told us what she wanted prayer for but didn't want us to stick around to pray with her, she said we should pray while we walk away. She was very nice about it, and she too, asked us to send some of our "energy" her way.

Hmm...throughout the Bible, the Lord talks about always being with us and that we will be separate from the world but in the world, marked by His Spirit. In fact, today's cell talks were about being set apart and sealed by Christ (Revelation 7 & 8), and what that looks like. This is getting very exciting! We are marked by the Lord as his very own! (My rations today was also revisiting Isaiah 43:1-3 - I am the Lord's). I don't know about you, but I think the very fact that two people on two occasions said they could feel or see the positive "energy" coming from us is evidence of the seal of God on our lives - hallelujah. I am so glad that the Lord is always with us and sends his Spirit to seal us for salvation. Tonight was evidence of that and it was really good to be reassured that the Lord is with me, in me, and reveals himself to others through me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three things I'm looking forward to in the next three months: Doug Burr visiting next week, "Fullness" prayer conference April 25th - 27th and meeting Janet Munn, and Chicago brigade May 1st - 5th!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please pray for the White family. Dominic, their youngest son turning two in april, has been really sick for a couple weeks. He was taken to the children's hospital on Sunday where he was diagnosed with infant, type 1 diabetes. Please keep Aaron, Cherie, and Joshua, Ciara, Noah, and most certainly Dominic, in your prayers. Our community needs prayer, all the time, but particularly in a difficult time like this. Dominic's life and well-being affects us all. I love that boy a lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your prayers surrounding RAW. Even with my somewhat busy job as a producer of the RAW morning and evening sessions, I have been really at peace, a peace that is not my own. If I was doing this on my own, I would not be this calm, in fact I probably would have pulled out my hair by now. So the prayers of the saints have been affective, yet again, on this one. Thanks guys. RAW has been going really smoothly. If you read this before tomorrow morning, keep the last RAW session tomorrow in prayer. Pray that it goes as well as all the others, and better!

God is good

Peace out,

Megan S

1 Comments:

At 4/03/2008 7:03 a.m., Blogger eric@ said...

chicago is looking forward to having you here! well, i guess i can't speak for the entire city, but i speak for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home